Government Decree No 408/2020 (VIII. 30.) on travel restrictions in the period of epidemiological preparedness sets out rules of entry during said period.
Legal requirements relating to travel restrictions are not applicable to:
- the border crossing of freight transport,
- border crossing with a diplomatic passport, foreign service passport, service passport, and seaman's passport,
- persons who, upon entry to Hungary, provide satisfactory proof that they fell ill with the COVID-19 disease (hereinafter “infection”) during the 6 months prior to the date of making the border crossing,
- persons who, upon crossing the border, provide proof of immunity to the coronavirus by presenting the official identification card referred to in Government Decree No 60/2021 (II. 12.) on provision of proof of immunity to the coronavirus (hereinafter “immunity card”), as well as official identification suitable for proving personal identity as indicated on the immunity card,
- persons who hold an immunity certificate issued by a country which has concluded a bilateral agreement with Hungary on the mutual acceptance of immunity certificates, and who verify their protection against the coronavirus by presenting an official certificate issued by that country certifying protection against the coronavirus and persons under the age of eighteen travelling with and under the supervision of persons referred to above when crossing the border of Hungary,
- persons who hold an immunity certificate issued by a country in respect of which Hungary unilaterally recognizes the immunity certificates, and who verify their protection against the coronavirus by presenting an official certificate issued by that country certifying protection against the coronavirus, as well as persons under the age of eighteen travelling with and under the supervision of persons referred to above when crossing the border of Hungary,
- persons who enter the territory of Hungary from the territory of the Republic of Croatia, the Republic of Austria, Romania, the Republic of Serbia, the Republic of Slovakia, the Republic of Slovenia and the Ukraine, excluding the case of entry by civil aircraft,
- persons who are able to present an English or Hungarian language document containing the results of a molecular biological test (SARS_CoV-2 PCR test) not older than 72 hours, conducted in conformity with professional medical regulations in one of the following countries:
a) a Member State of the European Union or in a candidate state of the European Union,
b) a member state of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development,
c) a member state of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation,
d) the Russian Federation,
e) the People’s Republic of China,
f) the United Arab Emirates,
g) the Kingdom of Bahrain,
h) the member states of the Cooperation Council of Turkic Speaking States: the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Turkey and the Republic of Uzbekistan,
i) the state indicated in the decree issued by the minister responsible for foreign affairs in agreement with the minister responsible for public safety and the result of which is verified by the passenger with an English or Hungarian language document.
(indicated in Section 3 (2a) a)-i) Government Decree No 60/2021 (II. 12.))
verifying that SARS CoV-2 was not detectable in their body at the time of the test.